Just posting it here cos it’s more convenient for me to format, edit and update. Hope this comes in handy! Don’t read this if you’re not prepared for spoilers!
My memory’s not the best and I read some portions of the raw using MTL so this may not be 100% accurate. Also, my translation of certain terms may differ from the translator of the series. Do correct me if you find any mistakes!
[Latest list update: June 2018, as of raw chapter 3304]
Ning Shu 宁舒
- Clothing: white > red clothing + red rope on ankle (near the end of the Multiverse War arc) > white (after obtaining the Rule of Life) > black strapless top + long skirt (after becoming Death)
- Carries an originally white umbrella around at one point in the story. It goes from white to black as it gets more contaminated.
- Becomes more beautiful and temperament improves as she comprehends more Laws and Rules. Slightly narcissistic about her looks.
- Flat-chested but bust got bigger after becoming Death
- Law of Water and Rule of Life imprint are between her brows. Darkened after dying (withdrawn by organisation when she left it).
- Law of Wood imprint around the part of the hand between the thumb and the wrist (withdrawn by organisation when she left it).
- Law of Earth imprint at ??? (withdrawn by organisation when she left it).
- Law of Prophecy imprint on her collarbone (destroyed when MC used it to attack).
- World Tree used to reside on her head but MC had it move to her palm.
- Died at 27 years old.
- Hospitalised. Underwent chemotherapy for more than a decade.
- Had a loving family and 2 older brothers.
- The world she was born in is in District A.
- Values independence, freedom.
- Refused to join any faction on multiple occasions.
- Took the embryonic treasure God-Striking Whip from Rong Hua that can absorb the power of the soul.
Mei Ziqing 梅子卿
- MC’s friend. Probably the first since MC became a tasker.
- Boyfriend whom she loved very much was obliterated by Tai Shu because of his rebellion.
- In the midst of building a World.
- Died saving Little Fire.
- Host’s summon from Arc 32: Summoner Queen.
- Gained intelligence and has a loli human form after MC’s efforts in Arc 32.
- Re-appears in Arc 41: Interstellar as a planetary threat.
- Red clothes
- Said to be the strongest female tasker.
- Has 12 Law imprints. Best known for her Law of Fire.
- Has built a World.
- Has comprehended a Rule.
Hong Yu 红玉
- Law of Seduction embodiment.
- Antagonistic to MC, wanted MC’s Law of Water to beat Ah Wan.
- Had not built a World and was obliterated by Tai Shu for causing trouble.
Shu Bai 书白
- Owner of 2 restaurants in the City of Water, one of which was bought from Zhang Jiasen.
- Separated from her system because she felt she wasn’t suitable to be a tasker.
- Seeked shelter under MC once but is quick to jump ship.
He Qing 禾青
- Originated from a modern era.
- One of the captives imprisoned in Earth City Owner’s mansion by the previous City Owner until they were discovered and freed by MC.
- Brought to MC’s Reincarnation World by MC but refused to get reincarnated like her fellow former captives.
- Wanted to be a strong tasker like MC but she didn’t qualify. MC later lets her become a tasker by raising it as a condition for her return to the organisation.
Xia Mengtao 夏梦桃
- Evil spirit from Arc 87: Special Task.
- Was too beautiful. Her husband never returned after the war and she fell victim to the depraved male villagers and jealous female ones. Eventually died and aimed to take revenge on the villagers.
- Was persuaded by taskers to turn her grievances into strength instead. She successfully cultivated based on grievances and was brought to MC’s Reincarnation World. MC hoped that Mengtao could reduce the amount of grievances in her World and at the same time solved the issue in Arc 87.
- Former in-charge of District B
Tai Shu 太叔
- Gold glasses
- Black windbreaker/trench coat
- His form is his physical body and not his soul so he can’t enter other bodies in planes.
- First appeared as the school doctor in Arc 1: Campus Cultivation Crisis.
- Reappears in Arc 4: Looking for the Last BOSS and Arc 19: Fourth Ye’s Backyard and gets more screen time after MC becomes a stronger tasker.
- Clean freak.
- Insane aim. Does dissections.
- Executioner/judge of District A.
- A founder or at least a higher-up of the organisation.
- Embodies the Law (Rule?) of Destruction.
- Actual name (太叔) is just a stroke off from what MC calls him at first (Uncle/大叔)
- Duties include:
- Obliterating or punishing rule breakers (especially if they have yet to built a world and are not very useful to the organisation/their death won’t affect the big picture much)
- Gluing broken planes
- Supervising planes when they evolve in case any problems arise
- Has a faction most likely consisting of higher ups.
Zheng Qing 正卿
- Long hair
- System 2333, the number is Chinese slang for laughter. So it’s kind of a humiliating/embarrassing title. MC’s very first system.
- Not exactly trustworthy.
- Sees humans etc. as ants. He feels neither love nor responsibility for them. Why should he sacrifice himself for them?
- Tai Shu’s ‘brother’ of sorts; they are two natural-born entities.
- Carried a World (universe?) in his body but it was destroyed by Tai Shu, according to him.
Dan Qing 丹青
- MC’s new system after her return to the organisation. First appearance: chapter 3253.
- Is a male, judging from the voice.
- All systems (with the exception of Zheng Qing) get their memories formatted before they become a system so he has no memories of his past either.
- Will get punished along with MC if she breaks rules.
- More talkative and helpful than Zheng Qing when he was 2333.
- Systems reside in a separate space from the tasker within the tasker’s system space. They can see the tasker but the tasker can’t see them.
- Went without his own name but gave himself one afterwards. MC thought it was the homonym Dan Qing 蛋清 (egg white) until DQ clarified it.
Fu Jun 府君
- Very pale skin
- Suit and bowtie
- Polished, leather shoes
- Illusionary black butterflies
- In charge of Reincarnation Worlds.
- Not human. Disdains humans.
- Eats souls.
- Tan Lang told MC that his poop is human-shaped ‘cos he eats human souls. MC is very curious about the authenticity of this information.
- Likes to grow flowers. Gave MC self-grown black flowers on several occasions.
- Has armies of golden skeletons who’re beauty-loving perverts.
Sang Liang 桑良
- Silver hair. MC calls him ‘Silver-haired Man’ in her thoughts.
- His World Carrier is a book which he brings around with him. Pages of the book can be used to attack.
- The main system.
- Also mans the consultation rooms in the different cities.
An He 安和
- Seen either in a floral shirt or in military uniform. Military uniform includes cap.
- Cold facial expression when in military uniform.
- His World Carrier is World Tree that appears from his head. Each leaf of the World Tree has (the possibility of containing) a World.
- Gelled hair.
- A general of the organisation’s military, in charge of District A.
- There’s a fragrance coming from him so MC calls him ‘Fragrant/Perfume Man’.
- Unlike his amiable first appearance, he’s pretty much ill-mannered after that.
Zhang Bo 长伯
- In charge of the System Mall alongside the Main System.
- Tools in the mall were all made by him and the people under him.
- Tan Lang told MC that Zhang Bo’s in love with the puppet he created himself. MC has yet to find out whether this information is authentic.
Zu Li 祖礼
- Wears a changpao… I mean by right it should be changpao even though author has been using ‘cheongsam’ until now.
- Looks like a noble from ancient times.
- Carries a fan that was given by his dead girlfriend.
- MC’s friend.
- Owner of City of Time and embodies the Law of Time, a higher Law.
- Owner of the restaurant in City of Time.
- Helped MC on several occasions.
- Behaves like a flippant flirt to girls but withdraws once the girl shows interest.
- Fans himself with his fan when he gets nervous.
- Lived long and seen enough in the organisation to be rather indifferent to taskers’ deaths. Wasn’t very disturbed when he saw the dying MC.
- Misses his deceased girlfriend greatly.
- In the midst of growing his World Carrier, a World Tree.
- In a faction that is not Rong Hua’s.
- Cooperated with MC on several occasions so has some amount of trust in her.
Mo Ming 墨明
- Host’s husband in Arc 64: Sharingan/X-Ray Vision (literal translation is Perspective).
- In Arc 64, was a fragile porcelain guy who keeps dozing off cos his body’s about to fail him.
- Had loving parents when he was alive.
- Joined the organisation as a soldier in the army after his death.
- Commands a team in the army. He rises in rank throughout the story.
- He has a lot of purple-coloured Fortune* and it was too much for his mortal body hence its break down. But his high Fortune benefits his soldier life after his death.
- Helped MC greatly in the Multiverse War arc.
*Original is 气运, pondered for a long time but still not sure how best to translate this. It’s a common term in Chinese QT novels. My understanding from QT novels is that a higher Fortune gives you a better lot in life and makes life smoother. Different people have different amounts of Fortune. Some novels also use a difference in colour instead of amount to highlight the quality.
Si Tian 司天
- Owner of the casino in the City of Water.
- With MC’s permission, takes over the auction house after Rong Hua’s departure.
- Sees MC as a fat sheep and is always eager to sell stuff to her. Helps her look out for certain items at her requests.
Li Wen 李温
- Host’s older brother and emperor in Arc 2: The General Loves a Village Girl.
- Appears again in Arc 10: Farming Well In A Primitive Society, in the Multiverse War arc, some time after MC left the organisation and when the mice returned to the organisation area.
- Experienced many worlds with Little Mouse.
- Treats MC well and calls her ‘Royal/Imperial Younger Sister’.
- Had given up his body so is in soul form.
Little Mouse 小老鼠 / Little Silver Ferret 小银貂 / Little Rodent 小耗子
- Mouse from Arc 2: The General Loves a Village Girl.
- Appears again in Multiverse War arc, as the leader of the enemies. Has a human form by then.
- His species feeds on planes.
- Fond of Li Wen. Dislikes MC.
- His species are generally very strong but has low IQ. Behaves like a child at times.
Zhang Jiasen 张嘉森
- Modern clothes
- Pale blue suit
- Host’s husband in Arc 14: That Phoenix Man. Becomes a tasker after his downfall, imprisonment and death.
- Owner of the City of Witchcraft and the embodies the Law of Witchcraft.
- Complicated feelings for MC. Hates her yet wants to make her acknowledge him.
- Finds trouble with MC but ends up eating losses multiple times.
- The colour scheme of his system space is gray and black.
- His system 6457 is male.
- Opened a restaurant in City of Water, which he sold to Shu Bai after MC left the organisation.
- Knows District C’s judge.
Old Qi 耆老
- Law of Space embodiment.
- Zu Li introduced him to MC.
- Runs an illegal business.
- Gave MC helpful advice on the Law of Space.
- Like Shu Bai, he separated from his system.
Pan Chen 潘辰
- From Arc 26: Who’s the Murderer
- One of the masterminds behind the deaths in that arc.
- Stone essence.
- Brought back to the organisation by Tai Shu.
- He’s afraid of or at least deterred by Tai Shu.
- Likes to eat souls.
- Interested in Little Fire. MC suspects that’s because he wants to devour him.
Little Fire 小火
- Bought by Mei Ziqing out of pity(?) after her bf’s death. Part of the money used to make the purchase was borrowed from MC.
- Fire World Origin that gained intelligence and a human form.
- Was under the care of and cared about Mei Ziqing.
- Helped MC look after and nourish two stones, though neither stone underwent any change.
- Originally behaved like a child but grew mentally after Pan Chen brought him out to experience things and taught him stuff.
- After Mei Ziqing’s death, MC gave him Mei Ziqing’s bead-type World Carrier to remember her by.
- Left to travel the worlds. Wouldn’t be able to return to the organisation area anymore. MC left an imprint on him so he can contact her in times of need.
Zhou Han 周翰
- A tasker who first appeared in the Arc 51: Monstrosity World War. His host was Wen Xing 文兴. He allied and worked with MC to complete their missions.
- MC thinks his system 65892 is a loli.
- His temperament is so unique and obvious that he can’t blend that well into his host’s identity and other taskers tend to recognise him as a fellow tasker.
- Acts like a gentleman but that may be his way of drawing a line with others.
- Had a girlfriend whom he broke up with because they spent too much time with each other (taskers can technically live ‘forever’ as long as they don’t break rules, fail too many missions, etc.)
- Took over the Arc 51 world as his own. MC lent him an OP futuristic object to help him clean out the monsters in that world. Can be considered somewhat trustworthy since he did return the object after use.
Qing Yue 清越
- Green hair
- Kelp from Arc 8: Invincible Upgrade Stream.
- Gained intelligence kinda due to MC’s actions in Arc 8.
- Met MC again and helped her in Arc 21: Into Master’s Bowl. Didn’t remember what MC did to him in Arc 8 but felt that MC was familiar.
- Lived a long time between Arc 8 and 21. Over the years, he learned a variety of skills like alchemy, weapon smithing and arrays.
Jiang Chen 将臣
- Undead from Arc 34: Female Merchant.
- Met MC again in Arc 79: Pot-Carrying Hero.
- Undead that has no soul.
Hui Ji 慧极
- Young monk from Arc 36: Demonic Practitioner Girl.
- MC meets him again in Arc 65: Evil Spirit, when he’s an old man.
Tan Lang 贪狼
- ‘Tan Lang’ may be an alias. Literal translation is ‘Greedy Wolf’.
- Punished to pick up star shards, and that’s also where MC first met him, though he knew of MC even before then.
- Tried to convince MC to join his anti-Organisation faction on multiple occasions.
- The higher-ups know about it but don’t take him seriously.
Ju Menxing 巨门星
- Probably Rong Hua’s higher up of his faction.
- Found trouble with MC over Rong Hua’s death and demanded return of the whip she got after Rong Hua died
- MC described him as someone who carries the life of a star. Not sure if it’s metaphorically, because of his name (星 = star), or literally.
Rong Hua 荣华
- Original shareholder of the auction house in City of Water.
- Forced out of the city by MC because he wasn’t willing to pay taxes.
- Belongs to a faction.
- Killed by MC in a duel.
- The superiors in his faction temporarily left the God-Striking Whip to him for nurturing, though it was taken by MC after his death. The whip is the embryonic conformation of a treasure from the Void, which will grow over time and can gain intelligence.
Wen Yan 闻炎
- Likes strong women.
- Has been ‘collecting’ female taskers (‘flowers’) to be added in his ‘flower garden’. Wanted to add MC too, but she refused.
- Pale, white body
- Heart-coloured eyes that look rainbow-coloured under reflection
- He was a giant, beating heart that couldn’t move but yearned for the outside world. He gained human form thanks to MC’s Rule of Life, though MC only did it ‘cos she had no choice. After all, she was almost killed and imprisoned for life by him.
- Androgynous voice when he was a heart, not sure if it stayed that way in his human form.
- Extremely, extremely strong spiritual power. Strong enough that he could 1hKO several experienced taskers including MC, had he wanted to.
- Clingy to MC but MC threw him to Sang Liang under the guise of mentoring.
- Dangerous and volatile.
Zhu Jun 诸均
- Initially bone-white, turned golden after consuming merits
- One of the many moving skeletons made by MC using corpses, souls and a formation she bought from Fu Jun’s gang. These skeletons can be strengthened by eating merits. They turn more golden as they eat more.
- Primarily stays in MC’s Reincarnation World.
- Sort of leads the other skellys. Other named skellys include: Ying You 赢右, Yan Chuan 延川 and Wen Zhi 温智.
- Brought to NPM by MC before and is very keen to see the human world. Internet/computer addiction.
- Calls MC Pipishu, Pipishu 皮皮舒 derived from Tiao Pi Ke Ai de Ning Shu 调皮可爱的宁舒 (the naughty and cute Ning Shu), or so he claimed.
- Chose a sword as his weapon.
- Doesn’t like taking care of babies.
Characters from Nine Palace Mountain (NPM)
Li Si 李四
- Originally an inhabitant of NPM Level 1.
- Extremely loyal to his master, Li Xiang.
- After his death, he becomes the first skeleton to stay beside the Reincarnation Pool in MC’s Reincarnation World. He stays there to wait for Li Xiang’s reincarnation, though it’s questionable whether he’ll be able to recognise his reincarnation.
- In a sort of mutually beneficial relationship with MC. He helps her, she gives him benefits.
- MC lets him take charge of the Book of Life and Death that she got from NPM Level 3.
Li Xiang 李向
- Originally an inhabitant of NPM Level 1.
- Second son in his family.
- Tried to rob MC but got used by MC instead.
- Lost his body to his brother and lives in NPM in soul form for some time before meeting MC in her Reincarnation World.
- Eventually goes into the Reincarnation Pool to be reincarnated. Because his soul is so tainted, he may have to undergo many reincarnations before he gets reincarnated as a human again.
- A creature that eats soul stones from NPM Level 1. Body automatically filters out impurities in the stones. Its kind are coveted by humans for their ability to sense soul stone deposits. It later switches diet to soul fluid after going to NPM Level 2, then to something unknown after the existence of soul fluids disappear from NPM Level 2, then to merits that MC gives in exchange for its service.
- Supposedly ugly.
- Bias against and dislikes humans.
- Very fond of Li Ren and wanted Li Ren to take after its appearance after he grows up. Unfortunately, its wish wasn’t fulfilled.
- Stayed with Ye Lin after Li Ren’s departure, though it left Ye Lin’s side after it was sacrificed by him when his opponents were too strong.
- MC leaves the host’s baby from Arc 89: Task in his care. A rather devoted caretaker.
- Couldn’t speak human language.
- Unknown gender.
Li Ren 立人
- Face kinda like a guy version of MC
- Red robe
- Long hair
- Initially a tiny baby within a flower (Golden Thread Grass) from NPM Level 1.
- When still in the plant, he spent most of his screen time sleeping and was taken care of mainly by the Golden Earthworm. MC checked up on him and fed him when she visited them.
- Absorbed MC’s knowledge when MC touched him.
- Fond of MC so he took up MC’s appearance when he grew up (human-size). To be fair, he only met MC and Golden Earthworm when he was still in the flower so his choices were limited. He grew up looking much like MC, to her unhappiness.
- Disdained the Golden Earthworm (and its looks) despite its obvious (parental?) love for him.
- Named by the Golden Earthworm, who specially brainstormed a name that works for both genders. His name literally means ‘An Upright Person’.
- Very passionate towards MC, partly because he wanted MC to choose him, over the Thunder Qilin, as the guard of the hole that connects NPM to MC’s Reincarnation World. The two of them were born solely for this purpose and the one who doesn’t get chosen will die.
- Killed by MC, though she soon recommended him to the system as a tasker.
- Born in NPM Level 1.
- Guarded the hole that connects NPM to MC’s Reincarnation World, though that role became useless later so it kind of lost its purpose. MC brought him to the Reincarnation Pool area later.
- Strong enough to deter people who shouldn’t be crossing into the Reincarnation World from NPM.
- Chosen by MC over Li Ren because MC didn’t feel that Li Ren’s personality was suitable for mundane guarding. She didn’t want any harm to come to her Reincarnation World because the guard was bored and distracted.
- Cold to MC.
Ye Lin 叶林
- An initially weak beggar from the NPM Level 2 who wanted to be strong for revenge.
- MC’s disciple of sorts. She later abolishes their master-disciple relationship, to his partial relief. Had helped MC collect soul fluid and destroy the soul fluid device thingy at first but later resorted to making soul fluid of his own.
- Was chased for much of his life partly due to his identity as MC’s disciple. Another part was because he saved and stayed with a female NPM inhabitant called Bai Sisi 白思思 and the people after her came after them both.
- MC speculated that he should have been the protagonist of NPM’s Level 2 but she took away a large part of his role. Not sure if he was still the protagonist.
- Established a sect with the martial arts MC taught him.
- Eventually died and met MC again in her Reincarnation World as a very tainted soul.
- Dissatisfied with how MC treats him. Felt that MC should do and have done more for him, as a master.
- Entity born in NPM and threatened its inhabitants to provide it food (souls).
- Fu Jun kind of snatched it away and refused to part from it.
- Same kind of existence as Fu Jun. They’re the only two of their kind in existence so Fu Jun loves him/her a lot.
- Eats souls.
- Under the teaching and tender, loving care of Fu Jun.
- Appeared as a dark fog at first but gained a child’s form under Fu Jun and grows up over time.
Characters I suspect will appear again
Cheng Fei 程飞
- The host’s husband from Arc 43: Paranoia.
- Host suspected that he was the one who killed her but she had no evidence, no one believed her and even she doubted herself because he was the perfect, caring husband.
- Ran a clinic.
- Very thorough, meticulous. MC learned from him to leave no traces.
- Died and joined the organisation as a system. Systems have their memories before being a system erased (2333 was the exception).
- I suspect he’s the system of the female tasker Gu Yi from Arc 70: Records of Polishing a Bright Ruler because MC gave that system a discomfiting feeling even though they supposedly never met.
Gong Rong 宫容
- More beautiful than women.
- Kept his hair long for cross-dressing purposes until MC had it cut.
- One of the masterminds behind the killing game in Arc 50: Adventure Games.
- Had a younger sister when he was alive.
- Incurable illness, knew he was going to die from young and cross-dressed so that his younger sister can take over the company with less resistance.
- Guessed (correctly, though MC denied it) that MC killed his sister. Wanted MC to accompany him to death.
- Died and it was hinted that he joined the organisation as something other than tasker or system, possibly on the operations side.
Gu Yi 谷意
- The female intermediate tasker from Arc 70: Records of Polishing a Bright Ruler. Her host in the arc was one of the emperor’s consorts who was surnamed Liang and titled Mei Ren/Beauty.
- Seemed rather reliant on her system to instruct and advice her on how to complete the task. Her system plans and she carries out its plan.
- She treats her system as both a teacher and a friend.